STARS OF THE FUTURE MASTERCLASS PRIZE PROMOTION TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Promoter is: Heineken UK Limited, 3-4 Broadway Park, South Gyle Broadway, EDINBURGH, EH12 9JZ (UK Company Number SC065527).
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by entering this promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
- Entrance requirements
Only open to residents in the UK aged 18 or over, who are operators of Star Pubs and Bars outlets, excluding any person whom, in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion, should be excluded due to their involvement or connection with this promotion. Only one entry is permitted for each Star Pubs and Bars outlet.
2. The prize
Operators have the opportunity to nominate a member of their outlet’s staff to attend a ‘Stars of the Future’ masterclass, being Tuesday 27th September 2022, focussed on food.
The masterclass comprises a day at a Birmingham pub as selected by us, with a masterclass from food industry experts, advice, training and lunch.
Travel costs for the winners from within the United Kingdom will be provided, in accordance with Heineken travel and expenses policies. Accommodation, other subsistence or other costs or expenses are not included in this prize. These costs must be borne by the winner.
There are 10 places open as part of the promotion, with the winners selected based on judging of the reason provided by you as to why this person should be chosen to attend
3. How to participate
By entering, you confirm you are a Star Pubs & Bars operator.
To participate, Star Pubs and Bars operators must email StarsoftheFuture@cirkle.com and share:
- The operator’s name, email address, mobile number, outlet name, outlet address, and outlet type
- Their nominated member, and the reason why this person should be chosen to attend. This might include: an explanation of their work experience with Star Pubs & Bars and contribution to the team so far and/or what sets them apart as a “Star of the Future” for you.
When you nominate a member, please ensure they:
- wish to be nominated and are happy for you to discuss their contribution to the team and for their name and contribution to be shared with our service providers to assist with the promotion;
- would be available to attend the day in Birmingham on Tuesday 27th September 2022;
- would be happy to provide written or verbal testimonials for use on the Promoter’s press releases, websites, social media and in trade press (digital and print);
- would be happy to feature in promotional photographs and videos of the masterclass which may be used internally and externally (including on promotional material, social media and trade press);
- understand that if they win, the first name and county may be disclosed upon request to third parties to confirm details of winners, and the Promoter is required to provide a winners’ list to the Advertising Standards Authority if requested;
- understand that no accommodation costs or expenses (other than travel as set out above) are included in this prize. These costs must be borne by the winner.
Entries will be accepted via the email address above only and must be made personally. Entries made through agent / third parties, bulk or automated entries are invalid.
4. The promotion will run until 5th September 2022 (the “Closing date”). All competition entries must be received by the Promoter at the email address set out at paragraph 3 by no later than 5pm on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after this time are automatically disqualified.
5. Criteria for judging entries.
The competition entries will be judged by a panel of judges (who we will ensure are independent from the Star operators and staff involved in this Promotion) based on the most apt, interesting and original answer as to why your proposed member should be chosen to attend. The decision of the panel of judges (acting reasonably) will be final.
The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winners and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw a prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. How and when winner will be notified of results. Winners will be notified via phone call and an email to the relevant Star Pubs and Bars outlet operator by 12th September. September.
If the winning outlet and member cannot be contacted and the member has not confirmed they can participate and agree to the arrangements set out in paragraph 3 within 7 working days of the Closing Date, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw and select a new winner (and so on until a winner can be contacted who will take up the prize). No entrant may win more than one prize.
7. How and when winner and results will be announced. Upon request by email we can confirm whether an operator’s nominated member was successful, and the first name and county of winners.
8. There is no cash or other alternative to these prizes in whole or in part. Prizes are not transferable. The Promoter reserves the right to reclaim the prize if it is transferred.
9. The decision of the Promoter in all matters is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. All conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law or otherwise in connection with the promotion are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall be under no liability whatsoever or however in connection with any loss, damage or injury suffered as a direct result of the provision of the promotion or prizes. Promoter makes no attempt to exclude or limit its liability for death or personal injury arising as a result of its negligence.
11. The Promoter is not responsible for any third party acts or omissions.
12. We cannot guarantee that the masterclass event will be free from disruptions, failings or cancellations. We are not liable for such disruptions, failings or cancellations unless they are caused by our negligence. Any requests for refunds or compensation arising from them should be sent to the operator of the event. We can provide you with their details on request.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend this promotion due to events or circumstances arising beyond its control.
14. These rules and any dispute or difference arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The Promoter and each entrant irrevocably agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales over any claim or matter arising under or in connection with these rules or the legal relationships established by this agreement.