Welcome to Working with Star. As part of HEINEKEN UK and a passionate supporter of the Great British Pub, our goal is simple: to build successful and sustainable business partnerships with our lessees and tenants. That’s why we are absolutely committed to providing the information and guidance you need to succeed – backed by a positive, two way dialogue and excellent support.
At Star Pubs & Bars we understand that taking on a pub is a major business commitment and we want to make sure that all of our lessees fully understand the agreements that they enter into and the opportunities that these bring. Working with Star aims to give both first-time and experienced pub operators a clear and jargon-free understanding of how we work with our lessees and tenants, and the responsibilities and obligations that are accepted by each party.
I hope in reading Working with Star you get a flavour of the type of company we are – open, fair and supportive – and that you choose to join us. If having read Working with Star, there is anything that you are still unsure of, please do ask as we’re here to help. With best wishes,
Working with Star Pubs & Bars
Download our guides to:
- Working with Star (2.1Mb)
- Tied Rent Assessments and Rent Reviews (1.5Mb)
- Insurance Responsibilities (1.6Mb)
- Flow Monitoring (2.5Mb)
- Schedule of Repair Responsibilities (1.2Mb)
It is an important part of Working with Star that all prospective lessees receive a copy of our template lease agreements as set out below. Download our template lease agreements:
- 3-Year Business Start Up Agreement England & Wales (0.7Mb)
- 5-Year Rolling Tenancy Agreement England & Wales (0.7Mb)
- FRI Lease (with RPI) England & Wales (0.7Mb)
- 3-Year Business Start Up Agreement Scotland (0.3Mb)
- 5-Year Rolling Agreement Tenancy Scotland (0.3Mb)
- FRI Lease (with RPI) Scotland (0.3Mb)
- Just Add Talent (0.3Mb)
Complaints and Grievances
At Star Pubs & Bars we are committed to meeting the obligations set out in Working with Star and the Industry Framework Code. We take any complaints seriously and have a structured and robust grievance procedure in place should any of our lessees or tenants feel that we have failed to meet our responsibilities under these Codes. Find out more about how to raise a grievance with Star Pubs & Bars.